March 18 – March 19, 2010.
Belgrade, Kraljice Natalije 21
The Seminar on Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) of the EU: Facts and Challenges organized by the International and Security Affairs Centre (ISAC Fund) and supported by the Swedish Armed Forces, will be held on 18 and 19 March 2010, in Leonardo Centre, Belgrade.
Its focus is the research of the contemporary European security trends, European security risks and challenges, and the increasingly emphasized necessity to develop the concept of overall and cooperative security, as well as the transformation of EU security architecture as a result of Lisbon Treaty.
The following seminar topics will be discussed:
- Common Security and Defence Policy and the Western Balkans Common
- Security and Defence Policy: What, Why and How?
- Common Security and Defence Policy and NATO
- The Institutional Architecture of Common Security and Defence Policy
- European Military and Civilian Capabilities
- Common Security and Defence Policy Operations
- A Secure Europe in a Better World: European Security Strategy
- Common Security and Defence Policy – A View from Sweden
This two-day Seminar will include participants from the institutions and organizations which have direct professional interest in the topic, such as the Ministries of Defence, Internal Affairs, and Foreign Affairs, as well as the Atlantic Council of Serbia, the Center for Civil-Military Relations, and the Faculty of Security Studies University of Belgrade.