ISAC fund and the Working Group on Chapter 31 (Common Foreign, Security and Defense Policy) of the National Convent (NKEU) on the EU organized internet panel discussion “Serbia and the European Union, cooperation in times of corona” on May 5.
Among the panelists were: Sonja Licht, President of the Belgrade Fund for Political Excellence; Vladimir Medjak, Vice President of the European Movement in Serbia; Filip Ejdus, Associate Professor, Faculty of Political Science, University of Belgrade and Boško Jakšić, journalist at Politika. The discussion was moderated by Igor Novaković, ISAC Fund Research Director and WG Coordinator for Chapter 31 of the NKEU.
Following questions were discussed:
• What is the truth and what is “fake news” regarding the EU’s actions and its cooperation with Serbia;
• How much the EU is going to help Serbia, how and in what time period;
• Given the circumstances, who (if anyone) profited in the geopolitical game and what can we expect;
• In what direction should Serbia pursue its essential interests;
• How will the process of European integration be further developed, etc.
We would like to thank to all participants and panelists and on their contribution in the discussion on the essential foreign policy challenges and choices that Serbia is currently facing.