December 13 - 15, 2010.
Belgrade, Kraljice Natalije 21
"TheWestern Balkans - From a Security Consumer to a Security Provider"Seminar, to be held in Belgrade, December 13 - 15, 2010, is organised by the ISAC Fund, with the kind support of the Swedish Armed Forces.
The region of the Western Balkans, in the recent past, has been one of the major consumers of security in Europe and the world at large. The purpose of this Seminar is to consider the various aspects of the region's security sector reform and integration processes, to point out to the challenges of the current regional and global security agenda, and to highlight the importance of transforming the Western Balkans into a potential provider of security.
The following seminar topics will be discussed:
- Political Importance of Being a Security Provider
- Western Balkans in the Global Security Web - the Changing Nature of Security Threats
- Challenges of the Security Sector Reform in the Western Balkans
- Security Profiles of the Countries from the Region
- Bilateral Security Agreements Between Western Balkan States and Their Practical Implications
- NATO's New Strategic Concept - Impact on the Western Balkans
- Perspectives of the Western Balkans within the EU's CSDP
- The Future of Western Balkans as Security Provider
The Seminar will be organized in the form of interactive discussion panels led by both international and domestic experts targeted at 27 participants, professionals with direct interest in the topic, such as representatives of the regional Ministries of Defence, Serbian Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as civil society representatives and university students.